Monday, February 20, 2012

Green grass? Sure. We've got at least some. :)

I just read a recent blog post by Autsim Daddy (one of my favorite bloggers) and wanted to share his blog and my response on here for you guys too.  His blog is a good reminder to count our blessings. :)  We all need that reminder from time to time. :)

David isn't doing so great lately but he still has his things that I am thankful for. For isntance he's very loving and cuddly. He may not
always show it or be "in the mood" for it, but I know deep down that he loves me (and his brother) even when he's totally losing it and I am enduring yet another beating as I try to keep him safe from himself and calm him down. I know because he has been able to show me in hugs, kisses, interaction, cuddling, etc. during his "good/calm" times. I know not all parents can say that so I will always be extremely thankful for that part of my precious David. :)

He also helps me remember to slow down and smell the roses in life from time to time. A precious gift to be given whether Autism has taken over your life or not. :)

Do any of you have something you can add?  It can be related to Autism or not.  Doesn't matter to me.  Lets just count our blessings today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment