Monday, January 16, 2012

Where's The Path? (an encouraging devotional by Max Lucado)

Every once in a while I run across a devotional that I want to share in hopes it can help and/or encourage others like it has me.  This is one of those times. :)  The following is a devotion done by Max Lucado.

~~~

Where's The Path?

Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.  Matthew 28:19-20

There's a story of a man on an African safari deep in the jungle.  The guide assigned to him had a machete and was whacking away the tall weeds and thick underbrush.  The traveler, tired and hot, and a bit frusterated said, "Where are we?  Do you know where you are taking me?  Where's the path?"  The seasoned guide stopped-- looked back at the man and said, "I am the path!"

We ask the same questions, don't we?  We ask God, "Where are you taking me?  Where's the path?"  And He, like the guide, doesn't tell us.  Oh He may give us a hint or two, but that's all.  If He did, would we understand?  Would we comprehend?  No, like the traveler, we're unacquainted with this jungle. 

Jesus gives us a far greater gift.  He says, "I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

He gives us Himself !

2 comments:

  1. A couple more encouraging devotions I found through my new blogging friend Alienhippy. :)

    Be Still And Know
    http://www.girlfriendsingod.com/2012/be-still-and-know/

    Faith To Follow
    http://calvaryopenbible.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/faith-to-follow/

    They are well worth the read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I totally loved reading this. I read it on the day you published it and it was just what I needed to read. In fact it gave me goose bumps. :)
    I am having trouble leaving comments on your blog, I don't know why. I'm trying again from my netbook. I hope this one doesn't disappear too!
    Love and hugs.
    Lisa. xx :)

    ReplyDelete