Sunday, January 15, 2012

Don't Quit (an encouraging poem)

Don't Quit
by: Edgar A. Guest

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem.
    When I was a kid my Mom used to read a poem to me called "Don't Quit" It's a different poem to this one but I think you might like it too!
    I have it posted on my creativity blog.
    Here is the link...
    http://leesyloops.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/dont-quit/
    I put it there after I had received a hurtful comment about my spelling. I am dyslexic as well as being an Aspie. I was ready to stop blogging because it hurt so much.
    God teaches through everything though doesn't He. I turned it upside down and just kept swimming...Just like Dory the Blue Tang fish in finding Nemo.
    Love and hugs.
    Lisa. xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. :) I will definitely go check it out. And please don't ever stop blogging. Especially just because of a few bullies. Our blogs are our voice in a lot of ways, and I am one (of many I am sure) that would be saddened if yours was no longer up.

    Also, I love your comment about God teaching through everything. That couldn't be more true. Sometimes I wish the lessons could be a little easier to swallow, but I wouldn't trade anything from my loving God and Saviour because I know if it comes from Him, it's for my good. :)

    ReplyDelete