WHY MOMS OF SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS ROCK!!!
1. Because we never thought that "doing it all" would mean doing this much. But we do it all, and then some.
2. Because we've discovered patience we never knew we had.
3. Because we are willing to do something 10 times, 1,000 times if that's
what it takes for our kids to learn something new.
4. Because we have heard doctors tell us the worst, and we've refused to believe them.
5. Because we have bad days and breakdowns and bawl fests, then we pick ourselves up and keep right on going.
6.Because we manage to get ourselves together and out the door looking pretty damn good. Heck, we even make sweatpants look attractive.
7.Because we are strong. Who knew we could be this strong?
8.Because we aren't just moms, wives, cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks and women who work. We are also physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, teachers, nurses, researchers, coaches and cheerleaders.
9.Because we understand our kids better than anyone else does - even if they can't talk or gesture or look us in the eye. We know. We just know.
10.Because just when it seems like things are going OK, they're suddenly not, but we deal. We deal even when it seems like our heads or hearts might explode.
11.Because when we look at our kids we just see great kids. Not kids with cerebral palsy/autism/Down syndrome/whatever label.
*Shared on Single Mothers who have Children with Autsim's FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Single-Mothers-who-have-Children-with-Autism/258728120832823)